Saturday, August 11, 2007

BYU FOOTBALL



I am getting pumped up for the football season!!!!! I believe that BYU is going to have a great season. I have talked to several people that have told me that we lost to many key players from last year to be really good this year, but I disagree. We are going to have a very tough defense and we have some great returners on offensive. We have got Manase Tonga and Fui Vakapuna in the backfield. We've got Michael Reed, Ausin Collie, and Matt Allen at the receiver postition. I have been reading some really good stuff about Max Hall. He has had a while to get to know our system and I think he can be very productive. Lastly, we've got Bronco Mendenhall running the show as the coach. I have become a huge Bronco fan. Not only because we have been winning but he has done a great job of restoring peoples faith in the football program. (faith that was lost under Crowton) BYU Football is back and we are going to have a fun season. If nothing else I think they are going to be a fun team to watch.

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Judging from the video you posted, BYU didn't have a single bad play last season...and a lot of really good ones.

If they can keep that up this year they will do well...

Too bad I don't get the MTN...:-(

Mark said...

Alright, Ad! That gets the blood pumping!

I'm going to miss Jo. Beck and Curtis Brown and Johnny Harline dearly--they became like family last year. (Courtesy of the Mtn.)

I think the Cougs are going to be formidable this season again. Bronco is running a tight ship, and he's going to be putting a quality product on the field. Kind of like the Arizona Wildcats or the Chatfield Chargers in their heyday: they don't rebuild, they reload.

So go BYU!!!

(Wyoming didn't put up much of a fight last year, did they?)

Goose said...

B-Y-U. You made a believer out of me. Max Hall is going to light to it up to my man Matt Allen. Go Cougs.

Dad said...

I lived in Missouri for a long time and I'm one of those guys that says "Show Me". You are caught up in the hype about the Cougs. I don't see anyway they can be as good as last year, although I have no doubt they will be very good. It is hard to say as they won't play a tough schedule. (Arizona?, Eastern Washington? Wyoming?....please!!!)

No, you can't be looking at the newspaper articles and come to any conclusion. They have to do it on the field to satisfy me. I'm not convinced when they lost the key players they did, that they will be that good.

I hope they are, but am skeptical.

I will enjoy watching them on MTN. Sorry about that Ty. We can tell you about the games.

Dad