Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I am here thinking about starting to study for my last final of the semester(Organic Chemistry) and I thought to myself,"This information I am studying really as very little, if any at all, application to my life." However, as I think these words, there are most likely thousands of people( nerdy people) using the same info to create a medicine or find a cure of somekind that could help thousands maybe even millions of people. I find that amusing. Almost any bit of information that I can acquire I could use to benefit the world. (Maybe not me, but someone could) I think that is an empowering thought, the more information I can get in me the more effective I can be at using to help people. Kind of like Macgyver(not the dog), the man knows everything and can use and apply it to any situation. With that I have decided to follow the same professional path as Macgyver. You have friends like Pete Thorton and Jack Dalton, and you get to help people. I like it.

6 comments:

Mark said...

I'm looking forward to the Dreaming Big blog, but I feel deprived that we won't have the "Pain" blog as well.

This world has enough people that can blabber about their dreams.

What it really needs is someone who can detail the excruciating nature of the pain of our lives.

That could've been you, Ad. Could've been you.

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tyler said...

"Life is pain highness! Anyone who say differently is trying to sell you something."

In my experience Adam, dreaming big usually results in pain because of the bitter disappointments that tend to follow grandiose plans for the future.

Remember, life stinks!

Danalin said...

I think that you made the right choice with your blog name. You've got a lotta life ahead of you and so many great things coming up in the next few years...

I like to think that my husband's response came from the man that he was before he met wonderful me! :) Because now his life is full of the things his big dreams were made of in the years before e-harmony. Right, Ty?!

Anyway, I am excited to see where your big dreams and hard work land you in the future. Carry on, Ad!

Elizabeth said...

You have done and will continue to do a lot of good for this world. I believe in you.

Matthew said...

While the subject of chemistry, organic or otherwise, still gives me shudders, I wouldn't say that you won't use it, particularly if you are planning to get some kind of science/engineering degree.

Yes, thousands of nerdy people may be using that info to alleviate human suffering. And some evil people may use it to develop bombs or chemical weapons. It's all in how you look at it I guess.

In my field, there is a lot of tedious calculation. When/if I ever graduate, I vow to use my accounting powers for the good of shareholders, corporate accountability and transparent financial statements. Not quite as studly as MacGyver. Did I pick the right field?