Saturday, May 06, 2006

I have been thinking. My life is ruled by one thing and one thing only. My stomach. I wake up in the morning he tells me to eat and I happilly satisfy his demands. I go to school and study, but when my stomach tells me it is time to go home and eat, I do it. I have tried to suppress his demands and aches, but to no avail. Somehow he finds a way to get deep into my pysche and convince me to do what he says. This is a very frustrating thing. But at the same time it doesn't bug that much because I really like to eat.

4 comments:

Mark said...

"A man must become master of his stomach, or a man's stomach will become his master."--The Buddha

I am a man who does not do well when hungry. Elizabeth will vouch for that. I don't do well without sleep either, which has made residency tough.

But I can drain the three ball, and that's all that counts.

Wendi said...

Food is good; young men need to eat. Just don't chow too much junk food!

Jeff said...

It's a pretty feeble mind that can't suck it up and do what as to be done, empty stomach or not. I can go for days with no food and it doesn't phase me. You, Mark and Ty are weaklings.

Matthew said...

What, taking valuable study time away in favor of eating? You call that a "work ethic?" Jeff is right. You have no business being in college.