Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Human Heart

It is amazing what one can feel all at the same time. I have this constant feeling that I need to be working harder at getting into Med school. The main task I am faced with right now is the MCAT. I want to study a lot for it so that I will do well. However, this would jeopardize the time I feel like I need to spent on school in order to keep my GPA high. I have three different labs this semester all of which take 3x to much time. I asked a girl out last night for tomorrow night and I am pretty excited about it. There is another girl I want to ask out for Saturday, but I am not sure if she will be able to or even want to. There are several people in the ward that I am aware of that need some special attention. i want to help the hometeachers get more involved. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't. Frustration. Jack Bauer is interogating his little brother, who just happens to be one of the most evil men in the world. I am always wanting to work out or do something athletic, but can't find any time or my knee is sore so I feel like I shouldn't. There is always frustration and annoyance in my heart towards money and laundry. I have a test in Functional anatomy tomorrow morning that is going be very hard. We just held the third "manrichment" last night and it was a total success even though went out in the first round of the arm wrestling tournamnent (I was wrestling in the Heavy weight class), etc, etc. I think if everyone sat down and thought about it you could think of just as much stuff that is on your mind on any day. There is good, there is bad, and then there is probably stuff that is neither. I am sitting at computer eating macaroni and cheese with a polish sausage cut up into little pieces and am in awe of the human heart and mind.
What a blessing the ability to feel is!!!!

4 comments:

Mark said...

And one more emotion that I KNOW must be circling around your brain: the unmitigated glory of placing 2nd on Weboggle last night as a part of Team Fos.

You're right, it is amazing how the human mind can compute and balance and feel and digest so many different ideas, responsibilities, emotions, and stresses all at once. Sometimes, I feel like my brain will spontaneously combust.

TIME's issue this week is on the human brain, and the majority of articles are by various neuroscientists who claim to have reduced the human mind to merely a composite of biochemical interactions of the brain. But I think the human mind encompasses much more than just the physical brain.

One of the most enjoyable and rarest emotions of life is that of tranquility, when all of the background noise of the brain stills, and you feel peace.

May you find peace amid the struggles of life, young Jedi!

Dad said...

Addie,
very real.....very deep. You expressed well what we feel. Just remember....just put one foot in front of the other...YOU can do hard things!

Love, Mom, the bloggist that is a joke!

Danalin said...

Such a deep-thinking, deep-feeling man! You know, something I really love about most of the Foster men...you have deep thoughts and feelings and are willing to share them. I am finding out that is more of a rarity than I knew. And it sure makes for great communication in a marriage and in relationships in general. So keep opening up, Ad. Thanks for sharing with us. We think you're the best and are rooting for you to succeed in life!

Goose said...

At least someone is rooting for you.

Drew

P.S. Psych

P.S.S. Psych again!!!!